Blood stained discharge with AV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

had anyone experienced blood stained discharge on and off with AV? I'm not in a sexual relationship.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I was diagnosed with AV about 3 years being post menopausal as well as with a cervical polyp which I did not have removed (could'nt afford the procedure even though I had insurance). I had bleeding 2 years later.   When I went to the doctor, the polyp was gone and she referred me for a uterine biopsy, but told me bleeding with AV was not normal. After the biopsy returned negative she said it was the polyp coming off that caused the bleeding. 

i would encourage you to follow up with an exam to determine if other factors might be at play. Best wishes!

• Posted

Yes...excellent advise from Joy.  Whenever there is bleeding we must get it checked out.  Keep us posted please.

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.