Blood sugar high everyday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know what's going wrong I take humolog and levimir I take 20 units of levimir at night and my morning blood sugar is ranging 15 and then I take 5 units of humolog in the morning and then my sugars are 11 after that or sometimes higher you can see the pattern I don't know what to do I'm eating low carb and hardly eating anything really I'm starving all the time rolleyes feel like I will die if I don't get it under control it's really scary !! Iv been type 1 for 6 years now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What is your diet like? are you eating a lot that is high in sugars?

Even at 11 they are still higher than normal. Normal is 4-8

• Posted

Low carb diet so no breads is it normal to flucate like this say you have perfect blood sugar control would you still see numbers of 11 and higher with that ? As we're only human right ? I'm thinking people flucate a lot more then there letting on tbh

• Posted

Yes they can, my husbands ranges for 10 to 12 no matter how good he eats and takes his tablets as he is type 2.

• Posted

your body/machine works slightly different than anyone elses.YOU have to find what is triggering the ups.  You are the only person that can make a difference in your care.

Some folks need more contact with the medical profession to get Big D under control.

Since finding out I am a diabetic mine seems to change every 14-16 months. Enough to make the numbers look really bad. There are a lot of thing that can be done, under the supervision of a doctor. Have you seen an Endocrinologist yet?

My medical Dr is a great guy but is not the expert on Big D. My endro comes up with more information and a plan to make the hills and valleys of blood sugar less steep.  You may have arrived at a place where you need more drugs or greater quanities of the ones you are using. You do not mention any other medication which is odd in my mind. I take metformin and glybride in addition to my insulins. Missing one of the pills DOES make a difference. Last are you on a schedule? If not then you should try it. I have been on a schedule for years. It is a pesky thing that gets in the way of living frequently. Better than being blind or having parts fall off or worse. Go see your Endro and ask lots of questions talk about your fears.

• Posted

I'm not on any other meds as I'm type one so only take insluins I'm on a low carb diet and eat at specific times in the day just so bad that I can't get my numbers under control its been like this for years up and down its a pain in the ass tbh Iv adjusted my basal after doing a basal test but to no avail I seem to still go high after the most basic of foods !! Even drinking sugar free squash can see me go up to the 15s is it normal for people's blood to fluctuate ? Or do people keep it between 6 and 8 constant throughout the day ?

• Posted

Hi richard56362,

?Wouldn't know about humolog or levimir as i use novorapid and used to use lantus (on pump now). But i struggled with high morning sugars and my doc said to split my one dose i used to take on the morning into an everning and morning dose, but ring your diabetes nurse i'm sure s/he'll help with correction doses?

?Also, if in the UK, have you been on a DAFNE diabetes course? (dose adjustment for normal eating), it takes a week but well worth going on, ask your nurse about it, they'll teach you what to do in cases like this too.

http://www.dafne.uk.com/

Hope you sort it!

?Type 1, 6 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.