BLOOD SUGAR RESULTS.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'll try to keep this short, but for the last 20 months i have had lot's of unexplained symptoms i.e hot flushes/sweating.tingling in my hands feet mouth & tongue,dizziness,fainting,paliptaions and heavy headedness with constant tiredness. i have have been tested for almost eveything apart from diabetes, my sister is diabetic and said my symptons sound like hypoglycemia and suggested i get a blood sugar test kit and do a blood curve for the day. so i did.. my results so far are fasting result from first thing this morning 7am ( 2.2mmol ) i then had breakfast at 9.30am the tested again 2 hours later at 11.30am the result was (2.1mmol) . had fairly large lunch at 1.30pm and tested blood again at 3.30pm and my blood level was (8.7mmol) i have 2 more tests to do today and i'll be contacting my GP in the morning to discuss the results, but my question is are these levels seriously abnormal? my doctors sergury has been pretty uesless so far so would like to be armed with some knowledge before i go tomorrow so any answer will be helpfull, thanks in advance.biggrin

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Readings of 2.2mmol and 2.1mmol do suggest a hypogycaemic state, and the subsequent reading of 8.7 mmol is what a diabetic would expect after eating.

Having said this, there is a great deal more to diabetes than just one or two strange readings.

If your doctor thinks there is any possibilty of you being either pre-diabetic or fully diabetic you will be required to take one or more HBA1c haemoglobin tests which should give you your answer.

• Posted

i was just thinking with my prolonged symptoms and these blood results it would least be sugestive enought to be able to ask for more testing. i don't expect a difinitive answer tomorrow but even some more tests to confirm or rule it out would be good. thank you for your reply,at least now i know they are within a diabetic or hypoglycemic range. x
  • Posted

There are a few conditions that could well yield generally similar symptoms. Anaemia for one and Hypertension for another.

Feeling unwell is probably the most important trigger for your doctor to investigate what the possible cause/s might be.

• Posted

yeah you would think so but iv'e been like this for 20 months with very little help.. i have been tested for anemia though,had my vitamin levels checked, thyroid function,liver function to name a few but all normal. i just want an end to it and my life back, and the fainting is getting scary so need it sorting,if that means testing my own blood the so be it..  but at least with these reading it may give the doctor something to work with instead of guessing.
  • Posted

Hi Gill.

Your issue sounds like hypoglycemia. You are not diabetic. It probably related to your diet. Special carbs & sugars. The symptoms you are suffering are those of a hypo. If my sugar drops to 3mmol I'll have at least two of those symptoms & can vari wildly. If it's 2.2mmol I'm near comatose. I've had friends who have suffered severe migraines & fainting spells for years.

i told them to cut out all refined sugar & other foods that raise blood insuline levels to quickly. Guess what? No more headaches or collapsing.

Most people do not wish to cut out foods with a high glycemic load & most doctors are unaware of the link. 

One of my friends didn't believe the info I gave them. Spent £1000s of pounds on Harley Street Doctors. One of the doctors told them what I'm telling you and presto, problems gone.

I'm 53 been diabetic for 35 years. 

• Posted

hi conductor, thanks for your reply, i have had the HBA1c test and just waiting for the results, i know the lower end of my blood sugar level were hypo's but the problem is the symptoms don't go. i have the same symptoms no matter what i do. i eat healthily and up until recently exercised too but if my blood sugars are high,low or normal i still have the same symptoms.. i am being put on a heart monter for a week in 2 weeks time as the dizziness/fainting and palpitations are getting worse, but because of my blood sugar monitor readings they wanted to rule out diabetes.. i hope i don't have it but will see what the results say tomorrow.. smile 
    • Posted

No problems..  Just trying to add my input. I hope you can find the answers through your testing.. I suffered many of you symptoms due to adreanal issues. This was due to a lack of Magnesium Potassium etc in the mordern diet. Good luck with the search..
  • Posted

Hi gill50535 how do you feel when your blood sugar is 2.1?

My dad is diabetic and if he was that low I'd be phoning an ambulance. Its shaking, confusion, disorientation, slurred speech, doing things repeated times, its seriously bad at that level and my dad can't even figure out how to use his blood sugar kit.

I've had symptoms for 20 years but fasting tests always normal, im currently trying to get my gp to test me for reactive hypoglycaemia. If my levels are under 4 i feel sick, confused like im drunk, unsteady, light-headed and shaking. After food my levels go as far as 10.8

I hope your dr is listening to you as those levels are low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.