BLOOD TEST

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a couple threads on here about knot in my neck and behind ear.. I got a cat scan but I believe they only scanned my neck and not knot behind ear, but my doctor did do a blood test he said to make me feel better.. he said everything was fine.. does that rule out a lot of cancers or would something have came up on blood test?? I have a MRI scheduled in 2 weeks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Having had every possible scan you can think of I know that a CT scan would have scanned the entire neck including behind the ear, so stop worrying.
    • Posted

I’m thank you fir the quick reply .. I really appreciate it so much! It made me feel a lot better.. at the time of the scan though I don’t think I told my doctor about the knot behind the ear.. I couldn’t feel it then or don’t know if it was there at the time.. that’s why I’m worried .. you think it would have picked it up if it came close to knot or do they have to run the scan over knot? Any info would be greatly appreciated 
    • Posted

Stop worrying, the scan would have pi ked it up even if they weren't looking for it. I had a routine scan following cancer treatment and it picked up on a tiny brain tumour that nobody knew was there and was totally unrelated to the cancer (all dealt with now) so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Thanku for the reply and all the info , I appreciate the positivity 
    • Posted

Last thing . Do you think my eye twitching is related to this or something else? It’s been going on for about a week now.
    • Posted

Eye twitching is caused by a nerve making the muscle in the eye lid twitch, nothing to worry about at all. My mum used to get it quite often an I too get bouts of it (and my mum lived to a ripe old age!)
    • Posted

The reason I ask if because someone told me maybe the knot is hitting up against a nerve and making this happen 😢

• Posted

Well I don't know who told you that but I would say that's a load of nonsense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.