Blood test

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i have swelling in my abdomen ive had brown discharge and spotting for a year and bowel issues which have been going on for a while doctors told me it was probably ibs but because i have been getting stomach pains i went back the doctors he said my stomach is distended and ordered bloods my liver and kidney function is fine my iron levels are dropping so hes given me iron tablets and ca125 blood test he said has come back quite high im waiting on ultrasound but with the pandemic i dont know if there is going to be a delay.. he also did a urine test and there is blood in my urine and stool sample which has shown raised inflammation so i need to repeat this and then be reffered for a colonoscopy .. im getting a bit worried does anyone know what could be causing this besides the worse outcome.. i dont have pelvic inflammatory disease endometrios and im not pregnant im only 26 and getting really scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The only other thing that frequently causes swollen stomach and blood in urine is ovarian cancer but if your doctor has already run a number of tests, he's probably already discounted this as a cause, so please dont panic too much.

• Posted

oh so sorry dear I travelled since I just arrived yesterday, how are you doing for now? have you received your treatment or you still my help? try to reach me anytime that you are online so that I will tell you what to do.

• Posted

hi thankyou for replying im just on edge waiting the doctor said it would be an urgent ultrasound but im still waiting i think with the pandemic going on its just getting delayed but its making me feel so anxious ive repeated a stool sample and handed that in yesterday i just hope i hear soon im more frustrated that this couldnt have been done sooner .. all my other doctor offered was a smear which was fine and normal blood tests but when i changed my doctor he said it has been reported that there has been blood in my urine a few times and with my bowels she didnt even offer a stool sample just told me it was ibs and left me its just the worst time this could happen i just need the ultrasound to i know hopefully what it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.