Blood test are back

Posted , 4 users are following.

My blood tests are in and no signs of infection. YAY! I would have bet all my money I had infection. So I have done 2 days of liquid and am going to start low residue today. I still feel like crap. Does anyone have inflamation with no infection and feel really ill? I just don't get this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Sounds like we are in the same situation. Feel very unwell. DV flare-up, doc prescribed antibiotic. Ended up in the Emergency Dept this am. All the bloods are normal. No sign of an infection. Can't remember feeling this bad ever

• Posted

Ya, unfortunately I was originally diagnosed 2 weeks ago with uncomplicated diverticulitis, no fever, but I think my neutrophils were slightly high (just out of normal, but enough to say there could be infection). I’ve been on two rounds of antibiotics since, and my last blood test 3 days ago showed no infection, but unfortunately the pain is still very much there. It’s almost non-existent when I wake up in the morning, and every day I keep hoping “this is the day, when it finally won’t come back”. So far I can’t say I’ve been been pain-free by the end of a day.

Please let us know how it goes. 

• Posted

I had a flare up this past week.  The pain started with twinges in the lower left and low back pain.  I had worse pain the next day and by the 3rd day called my GP Dr who is also a friend.  He was reluctant to do blood work this time although we have done it the past 2 attacks.  His reasoning was that sometimes you have an infection that does not elevate the blood work.  He said to go by my symptoms.  I went to liquid diet for 3 days.  I did not take antibiotics although he prescribed them.  I did not take them because even though I was in pain I felt well over all.  I think the fact that you feel really ill should indicate an infection regardless of the blood work.  The last 2 attacks for me I had a 99 degree fever and the blood work was only slightly elevated but I was really sick all over.  I think I had been sick awhile and not realized it until the pain was severe.  Those 2 times I did both of the strong antibiotics for 10 days.  This time was different.  Only the pain. No fever and I felt generally well except for the stomach pain.  After 3 days on liquids including gatorade which made a difference I think,  I am finally feeling better and starting the low residue diet.

I think the fact that you feel really ill all over should be more on an indicator than the blood work.

I hope this helps and you feel better soon!  

Blessings,

Georgie

• Posted

Agreed. I’m pretty sure You can still have inflammation/infection without elevated counts. I googled it and there are studies, which I don’t fully understand, but seem to indicate it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.