Blood test for coeliac disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a blood test to check my ttg levels recently but I have been on a diet for the last 7 weeks and excluded bread, pizza, pasta. My diet has consisted of salad and potato so I am unsure that my result is going to be accurate.

Can anyone give me any advice no matter how small please?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

add bread in before your test in any other way you can! when is your test because if you so this for too long before your test you'll invalidate it! if it's a coeliac test they'll want to see you react to bread!

• Posted

Hi, I had my test the other day but the doctor didn't say what had been raised and the receptionist just booked me in. It was for coeliac testing, my result came back saying " providing the patient was on a normal diet (at least one gluten containing meal per day) for 6-8 weeks, this anti ttg result makes coeliac disease unlikely, but does not completely exclude the diagnosis " In that 6-8 week span i have probably only consumed 8 meals containing gluten.

• Posted

oh no, you poor thing, you seem to have buggered up the test. i had some gluten in my diet and it was clear - definite coeliac disease. are they going to repeat the test? they need to, it will be hard to get it repeated! they may mean you need more gluten in your diet to tell what the bowel is doing, the finger type things need to lie flat to show coeliac disease, if they stand up your bowel is ok. what were you having on a typical day gluten wise?

• Posted

I received a text from my surgery to say book a blood test so i rang and they booked me in. they didn't say what for and i didn't ask as i assumed it was for the standard bloods. i have sent an ask the admin team a question so they can find out if the dr will request again.

im a fussy eater so my main day consisted of bread

• Posted

good luck it may tell you something, see what they say then ask questions....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.