blood test for pre-op. antibody positive

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my blood test do on Friday for my brain op in 3 weeks time, got a call today saying that I have positive antibodies, what can I do to get rid of them before surgery

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ring the GP/hospital. It really depends on what anti-bodies they are! Some are useful - some not.

Having anti-bodies to measles is a good thing for example. I have lupus and have Anti Nuclear Antibodies (ANA) at a high level. This is not so good - it means I have anti-bodies to my own body cells! Happily I can take meds to control it. Happy ending after all biggrin

Go ask. It's a big op and you need someone to say what this means. All good wishes for a brilliant recovery!confused

• Posted

hi there, thank you for your reply, yes i am having deep brain surgery which is a big op the nurse said i will have to have another  blood test the day before to check if i still have them
    • Posted

As they are aware of the anti-bodies & they are doing the test again, I think they will be able handle the results..

If you concentrate on eating well and resting - then you are doing all you can. I wish you all good wishes for the op. My nephew had similar surgery 20 years ago - and he's now a father of 2 and a university lecturer. Hope yours works out as well.

When your back in action poast and say how you are. All good wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.