14 low lymphocytes (abs value normal)

80 high neutrophils (abs value nurmal)

138 low platelets 

lower limit 150 

thanks alot,jan

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. He needs more tests. My husband has low platelet count. We're still waiting for a concrete diagnosis. Can you see a hematoogist?

I'm am not a doctor, but I did a lot of reading and got some good advice from people right here. I am not going to list possible causes, I'm sure you've already found a lot of things on the Internet. You shouldn't worry until they give you a reason to, but you must pursue it further. My husband has had a lot of blood tests. They were looking for viruses and (re)checking blod count. He was supposed to have an abdominal ultrasound, but instead his GP sent him to the abodminal scanner. Everything is clear - no bleeding. His spleen and liver are normal and there are no other abnormalities.

Be patient and stay positive. In the meantime, improve his lifestyle. If he's smoking he should quit, he should be more phisically active (if he can), he should eat more fresh vegetables and fruit and limit animal products, grains and processed foodds(if he cannot stop eating it altogether). We have been actively juicing for a while now and have been feeling much better (this is not a cure just a way to get more important nutrients).

I wish you all the best!

• Posted

thanks alot.

today we will go to see the doctor.

wish you all the best

• Posted

he eats well alot of veg and fruits garlic,Pumpkin seeds,tehina, olive oil and alot more good foods.

he dosnt make any kind of sport! besides to take a walk of 1 hour 1 time per week.

• Posted

lymphocytes white blood cell count is low he may have an infection or condition? Low platelets would make him subject to that.. May need a blood transfusion to bring up to better levels.. Blood screening is never easy just gives an indication things are not right..is he anaemic?

Good luck with the Doctors today..

• Posted

he takes aspirin for the blood dilution , can this cause low plt levels?
    • Posted

Aspirine is on the list of medication that can affect th eplatelet count. But it can be completely unrelated. 
    • Posted

with which approach should come to the doctor, what we should  demand,

cause it seems that it isnt No big deal for the doctor..

• Posted

Aspirin thins the blood but should not to the extent it would affect his platelet levels? Unless he has a bleed somewhere? Is your father anaemic? Check his eyelids and fingernails..they will be very pale if he is I suspect he might be..is he on warfarin?
    • Posted

I understand. Sometimes the doctors react when things really start going downhill.

Does he have any other symptomes? Please make sure that he lists everything. Any changes in appetite, bowel movements, urination, body temperature, weight, sleeping patterns, water consumption? Does he sweat more? If yes when (daytime, nightime, both)? Does he bruise easily? Any nose bleeds? What is his blood pressure? Does he get tired easily?

These are just a feww questiosn that come to mind. Our GP was more or less calm and send us back home until he had a nosebleed and a slight fever. That's when she ordered abdominal scanner and more tests.

Don't hold anything back. It's important that they rule out serious causes (problems with liver, spleen, bone marrow, colon, internal bleeding, viruses...). Be stubborn. Don't let them say something along the lines "it's normal for his age". If you have previous results when his blood count was normal, show them. If they ignore your worries (and I hope they won't), if you have the possibility, monitor his blood count on your own (meaning pay for the test). That's what we plan to do if they do not find out the cause soon. We live in France and you do not need a doctor to send you to do some tests if you're willing to pay for them.

• Posted

thanks alot.

we gone ask another Comprehensive tests and go to hemotolg doctor so he looks on it.

he toke "Cartia" that containe aspirine i think

• Posted

I was going to ask what drugs your father is actually taking?  I looked up Cartia and found that it is low dose aspirin.

The blood results could be caused by drugs that he takes or, has taken.

I have found that it is better to ask the doctor's advice, rather than 'demand' anything.

What country are you in Jan?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.