Blood test interpretation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

My mother has 51 years old and have a frequent cough with fever about 3 months. She took blood test. She has WBC 11400, RBC 4.05, Hb 11.5, Hct 36.1, M.C.V 89.1, M.C.H 28.4, M.C.H.C 31.9, Platelets 287000, Neutrophils 56.4, Lymphocytes 36.3, Mixing Test 7.3, ESR 1 hr 95mm/h, CRP positive(++).

What's the test mean?

Best regards

Zohreh

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

We would need the ranges from your blood work also, as all labs have different ranges and cannot tell for sure what is too high or too low.  Thanks!
    • Posted

Thank you for the copy of her blood test.  I want to start off by saying that I am not in the medical profression and this is just my opinion from self study of blood. I see that your mom's ESR is very high and her WBC is slightly high.  She also is anemic with her low hemoglubin, but her RBC and Hematocrit are normal, so she is only slightly anemic and should not worry much about this, but should be retested every few months to keep an eye on it.  As for her ESR, an elevated ESR is a very nonspecific finding that can be due to infections, autoimmune diseases, malignancies & blood disorders.  A high ESR does not tell us what is going on with your mom.  With her slighly high WBC count, her fevers and cough, infection comes to my mind.  When was her last tuberculosos test?  I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.  The high ESR is definitley something to be watched by her doctor.  He should be doing repeat blood work every couple of months to keep an eye on it, if he has not found what is causing it yet.  Also.. if the fevers are intermediate, in that they come and go, I would think that would point to autoimmune.  If that's the case, a good next step would be an ANA test.  If her fevers are pretty constant, that would be a good indicator of an infection in her body.  Sorry I can't be of anymore help, just make sure her doctor is doing follow up test on her to find the cause.  Best wishes...

• Posted

Dear sweetmelissa,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Unfortunately, my mom did'nt had a tuberculosos test sofar.

She have severity sinusitis. Her doctor said that it may be infection by sinusitis.

I thanks a lot for your comment, anyway.

Best regards

Zohreh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.