Blood test intrepretation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I need some help with regards to my blood test results. I know I'm anaemic but don't know how serious it is. My results were: RBC - 3.56x10^12/L (normal range 3.88-4.99), Haemglobin estimation - 74g/L (normal range 120-15), Haematocrit - 0.254 I/L (normal range 0.36-0.46), Serum Ferritin - 5ug/L (normal range 13-150), MCH and MCV were also low. Should I be concerned with these results? My current symptoms are shortness of breath, low energy, muscle pain, slightly fast heartbeat. Occasional lightheadedness and feeling bit sick. I got my results online but am struggling to get a doctors appointment. The receptionists ask if its an emergency and I say i don't think so. What am I best of doing?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hello,

It really depends how long you have felt bad. Acute or chronic and it could be from any form of anemia's to cancer. Get that doctor's appt. Ask the receptionist to get a nurse on the line. This is important.

• Posted

Thanks for the response, I was anaemic 3/4 years ago when I last had a blood test so it may be chronic. But my values were not as low as they are now. I will try and get a doctors appointment as soon as I can.

• Edited

all ur results are low i suggest u see a doctor as soon as u can get inn

• Posted

I will try and see a gp as soon as I can. Are my values really low or just a bit low. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. Thanks for the response

• Posted

a couple are not that low but there a couple in there that are quite low ur ferritin is 5 it should b 13 or above Haemglobin is 74 it should be 120 or above

• Posted

no wonder u are having signs of anemia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.