blood test & lip biopsy both negative for Sjögrens. Whats next?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So..found out yesterday that now my lip biopsy which i was waiting for came back negative for Sjögrens. Said it had a very tiny amount of "inflamed" cells but perhaps even within normal standards. So guess now next steps they are saying Rheumatologist then. My main issue was dryness of mouth. I was however diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 20 years ago. So perhaps this mouth dryness issue is fibro related I don't know. I started taking Salagen 5m now and guess will take time for that to kick in. Not getting the SS diagnosis obviously was nice but brings me no closer to finding out whats going on with my mouth.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.