Blood test positive for hla b27 bad pelvic pain coccyx pain and gut

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was advised yesterday that my blood test came back and was positive for hla b27 they didnt tell me what this was and told me I needed to see the doctor obviously I started freaking out and have been looking up the hla b27 and it comes up with spondylitis arthiritus etc.. the pains I have been having for the past 3 months have been bad pelvic pain coccyx pain tingling in legs and feet burning in my spine buttox and also my wee has been burning first thing in the morning I have also had some ibs symptoms and nausea and really tired all the time..i have slept on the sofa for the past year so spine problems would seem the most likely but my biggest pain is my pelvic area is this a symptom of spondylitis?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to say I had a full blood count and everything came back ok apart from hla b27

• Posted

yes this gene is associated woyh spondyloarthritis. Although it is possible to have the gene and not have spondyloarthritis. the classic symptom is sacroiliac pain which gives pain in the buttocks, hip and lower spine. You sometimes get raised inflammatory markers but not always. If you are not under the care of a rheumatologist then you need to be as only they can diagnose you after having xrays and mri to confirm his suspicions. It is generally at its worst overnight, ofren wakening you in the second half of the night. It improves with movement so exercise is important, things like yoga, pilates and swimming are helpful. You may find it useful looking at the NASS website, which has lots of useful info. It is a chronic progressive illness, but dont stress as things should improve once your on treatment. If you tolerate NSAIDs tgen taking brufen regularly shoild help the pain if it is inflammatory in nature. Good luck on your journey, try not to stress as that increases pain

• Posted

when i tested positive for it my doctor told me if i can stand up straight you don't have it but good luck. my dad has it he will be lucky to live another 5 years.

• Posted

Same here Melanie. I have all of these symptoms and have been to several doctors, weeks of PT. FINALLY got the MRI approved and it showed SI joint inflammation. Labs came back positive for HLA-B27. I've also been to the doctor for eye irritation and redness, which he didn't associate with my back, coccyx and hip pain. Now I'm reading that its a symptom. Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.