Blood test result

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have had some pretty bad joint pain for a while now and my doctor did a blood test to check for "RA Markers"? I think he said. Anyway my results came back at 132 which he said is pretty high. I should have asked more questions but didn't. Can anyone tell me what this number represents and what the normal range is?

Thank you

Rick.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Gosh, that is very high.. my rate was 84, and is considered high...with my dr almost insisting I go on methotrexate to get the numbers down....I have refused this chemo drug and its extreme toxicity, and many others testimonies. My inflammation rates were at 12 when using the biologic humira. You must be in tremendous pain Rick.Are you currently on a prednisond pac to get your inflammation down, and an anti inflammatory, as well as something like tramadol for pain? Magnesium Glycinate helps tremendously with many of my dymptoms of RA.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. He prescribed me an anti-inflammatory called meloxicam 15mg and sent a referral to a rheumatologist.
    • Posted

Okay..great..tbis is the one I have also been prescribed. Are you in very dehabilitating pain at this time? Prednisone would help so much to get your inflammatjon down quickly, as well as very good sleep which magnesium glycinate can help immensely with. Also greatly watching gluten, dairy, and other foods that contribute to acidity in your body...soy, coffee, sugars, etc.
    • Posted

No so far just the meloxicam. I'm hoping the rheumatologist appointment comes quickly. My knees and wrists are in quite a bit of pain. I will look into getting some magnesium glycinate. Thank you.

• Posted

I just wanted to wish you well. I hope the medication works for you. The pain of RA is so frustrating. Aweful to feel 80 when still young......
    • Posted

I agree with everyone!

Just to say, Manda, that I agree it IS awful to feel 80 when you're still young, but we also learn a lot from it.

To get a hint of very old age and feel how it must be for those who actually are 80+....

(I'm assuming you're a youngish feller, Rick?)

I'm not saying it isn't a nightmare, this pain, but it's very humbling, and when you get out of it, which he will, you are left with a great respect for the human body that the young normaly don't feel.

At least this is how it was for me when I was in agony in my first months of RA.

Just sayin'...

• Posted

Yes only 44. And I can totally understand what your saying. I guess we all take stuff for granted until something happens. Just hoping the meds work when I do get to see a rheumatologist.
    • Posted

yes I am thankful for small things. I also have CP so pain is a constant for me. I still laugh and smile as much as possible and am thankful for this life. No matter how good or bad it is. Just wish they could come up with a drug for people like my self that have multiple diseases. One thing I have noticed I appreciate things so much more now.
    • Posted

Your so welcome I am 40 so I understand I have had RA 10 years and CP 15 so I can relate. I watch light hearted movies. Watch my son play. and just appreciate life that's what we have to do be thankful for what we still have.
  • Posted

Rick I hope things work out for you. My RA factor was 192 and my rhuemy said I had mild RA. I have since quit him as he would do nothing for me. Good Doctors are hard to find. The advice on diet is a good one. Do some research on RA & Diet and cut down on the culprits, meat, gluten and milk. I have changed my diet and NEVER dreamed I would be eating correctly but i am and I haven't missed the old diet one bit smile
  • Posted

Yep - that's a pretty impressive level Rick. While you're waiting to see the rhematologist you can do a bit to help yourself. Try and rest as much as you can. A good masseuse can move some of the fluids out of swollen joints and loosen pain tightened muscles. You may be better for heat so a heat pack or a soak in a hot bath may help. If you are better for cold, ice packs on your worst joints may help too. Definitely try changing your diet. Lots of people on this site report a big improvement by reducing red meat, sugar, diary, coffee, bread and junk food and upping the friut and vege intake considerably. Ditch alcohol too. It dehydrates joints and makes tissues more likely to rub against each other and so increases pain.

• Posted

Good reminder for all of us, Gail. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.