Blood test result

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had a blood test for cushings disease, I have to wait to be told the result via post, although I was told this by a nurse the blood test result was:

170-500 nmol-metre

Reference 

If anyone knows what this means as I will wait forever for the letter 

Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello: I suggest you call the lab where you had the blood drawn and ask what the range is for high and low results. I live in the USA and the measurement you listed is not consistent with out tests here.
  • Posted

Hi.  I really think that you should wait until you are officially told. The nurse should not have told you knowing that it would confuse you.  There are also many other tests that you will need to confirm the diagnosis.  You don't say what symptoms you had to lead to the blood test.  I hope others may remember their readings.  I am away from home and do not have mine handy.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.