blood test results and treatment?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can you please advise me ...I had tsh and tr and t4 blood tests carried out on the 11 nov 2016 my tsh was 0.1 t3 was in normal range. ..t4 was 23 out of normal range...the advanced nurse practioner advised repeat blood tests yesterday on the 21 nov..the tsh remained 0.1 the t4 had dropped slightly the t3 still normal. When my thyroid went overactive a few years agp my gp put me straight on carmibazole...this new gp practice even tho I have explained I have a risk of going into atrial fibrillation have said that I have to wait for an appointment from an endro...I am at prrsent without any treatment ...is this correct? ..please advuse thank you Carroll

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi carroll998, do you know the units of the FT4 value? If it is pmol/L then the normal range is [10 - 20]. If the value dropped slightly since 11 nov then the value would be just above the normal range.

The other question is: Do you have any symptoms? Or was this found out during a routine blood test? 

• Posted

Hi results on 11 nov...tsh 0.1 range 0.3 to 5.5...then ft4 23.1 pmol/l range 10.0 to 19.8....then t3 6.3 range 3.5 to 6.7....the most up to date taken yesterday was tsh 0.1 t4 was 20.7. I also have a gotire which goes into my chest. ..I had a parathyroidoctmy 3 years ago the adenoma was stuck to thyroid gland when surgeon removed it I went hyperactive and went in atrial fibrillation ...had a stay in cardiac ward for 5 days ..I have to b careful. Thank u for uour reply 😊

• Posted

Hi again ...I have hand tremors..feel agitated and nervous. ..no weight loss...loose hair..I also have Glavoma...my eyes seem to feel more gritty...my pulsatile tinnitus is much lounder and my heart skips beats ..sound a wreak haha...dont feel right
    • Posted

A surge of thyroid hormone after thyroid surgery is not uncommon. The gland itself tends to leak thyroid hormones while being 'handled'.

At the moment it seems that you are slightly hyperthyroid. It is good that your FT4 came down without medication. Still it needs investigation and monitoring. Hope you get your appointment with the endo soon. 

• Posted

The motherwort also known as Melissa is really good for the anxiety symptoms and the heart symptoms..
    • Posted

smile I got that. I meant 'At the moment' as opposed to 3 years back when you had the surgery.

If you have the reports from the hospital you might be able to look up your T4 value just after surgery. Maybe it was higher than at present thus causing serious heart problems. 

• Posted

How are you feeling right now?  Previously did your doctor find the reason for your hyperactivity?  Did he do antibody tests or a thyroid uptake test?  If you have to wait to see an Endo, you can help your recovery by taking supplements like vitamin D, Regular L-Carnitine, Bugleweed especially and Melissa and Motherwort for calming.  These are all available in health food stores.  
    • Posted

Hi linda187, regarding Bugleweed, should I get it in dried form to prepare a herbal infusion? Or is the tincture more effective? 
    • Posted

My thyroid went hyperactive 3 times from the age of forty it is Graves...because I have a gotire my last surgeon why removed a parathyroid adenoma ...3 years ago which triggered hyperthyroidism which triggered atrial fibrillation recommended if I went hyperactive again to have it surgically removed. Thank u for your reoly 😊

• Posted

Hi Dan ...   linda will answer , I'm sure ... but I had great results with bugleweed ...  I bought it online in tincture form

i also mixed it in even quantities with Motherwort and Lemon Balm ( sweet Melissa )  ....   after I became Euthroid ... I still felt very anxious .. at times , and when I did I took the mixture before bed ...  and felt the effects in minutes !... thoroughly recommend .. but better for people to research or discuss with dr. first.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your message. I'd like to give these herbal remedies a try myself. 

• Posted

Hi Dan

I responded by private message.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.