Blood test results confusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am feeling very unwell, and desperate for any feedback. I have been feeling very unwell for about 2 weeks now, with extreme exhaustion, dizziness, weakness, raised temperature, falling asleep watching tv etc. I've had various tests, including urine and stool samples, blood tests, blood pressure, oxygen level etc. This was lower than usual at 96%.

My problem is this, my total haemoglobin is good at 145, and MCV and MCH are normal, but my MCHC is only 306, and was 310 only three months ago, and has been dropping since it was normal range in 2016. My GP put a comment on my online records that my tests are normal, yet the MCHC and Haematocrit are clearly not. But most importantly, I'm feeling so ill, yet recently, I got call back from a nurse at my surgery telling me the GP says my bloods are fine, and dismissed my concerns outright. Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest you to visit different doctors altogether. If you are not feeling well then there is some problem in your body. You must consult some other doctors. I hope will get well soon.

• Posted

Hi

Please go back to the doctor and persist they carry out more investigation. also seek second medical opinion dont just take their word for it, if you keep feeling ill then something is not right and needs digging into. if it means to go to the A and E then do that. Push them and dont feel you are bothering them. your health and wellbeing is very important.

good luck and best wishes. i wish you well

• Posted

Hi

Please go back to the doctor and persist they carry out more investigation. also seek second medical opinion dont just take their word for it, if you keep feeling ill then something is not right and needs digging into. if it means to go to the A and E then do that. Push them and dont feel you are bothering them. your health and wellbeing is very important.

good luck and best wishes. i wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.