Blood test results...what does it mean?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, ive been to the drs for blood tests and swab tests. due to irregular periods. i got my results over the phone. i have abnormalties in my liver and vitamin d. and also she mentioned abnormaltie gonadatropin hormone ? when i asked what that meant she just said fsh abnormalty. but couldnt tell me further because she wasnt medical trained. ive got an appointment with a nurse in two weeks time (its a long time to wait!) what im asking is can anyone else tell me what this could mean? im panicking that i could be pregnant but i dont think they would wait two weeks to see me if that is a possibility? ive taken pregnancy tests and all come back negative. i just want peace of mind that it isnt this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your vitamin D being low can send your bloods all over every where, as for being pregnant it doesnt look like your bloods are saying you are and if you have done test as well i would say not, if you are really concerned then ring and ask for a telephone consultation with Dr

• Posted

thankyou. ive got a telephone appointment in two weeks so ill know more then. i just wanted a bit of peace of mind as two weeks is a long time to wait! thanks again for your reply

• Posted

Hi Louise did you speak to your GP and get some Answers, I hope so, would be good to hear from you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.