Blood tests

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, tomorrow I'm off to the Royal Bournemouth for blood tests. My form has ticks next to:

-FBC

-Renal

-Liver

-TFT's

How many vials of blood are they likely to take for these?

I'm terrified of blood tests- more the chance of passing out afterwards.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You won't pass out from a blood test, they don't take enough for that. The body keeps reserve volume anyways. Don't watch them take it and you'll be fine. 99% of the time you'll barely even feel it.
  • Posted

I too feel as you do. Best to tell them beforehand how you feel and what your worries are. With me they let me sit for a bit and have a drink of water.
  • Posted

I agree with Tazchurch, tell them that you are likely to pass out and take a bottle of water with you.  You aren't the only one!
  • Posted

These days you hardly know you've had a blood test, painless but I was like you when I was younger the fear is all in your mind and will go with the positive reinforcement you give yourself after the test I.e. tell yourself all fine nothing to worry about.

What I do is to make sure I look the other way when she is about to take the blood and tell her you don't want to watch. Makes it a doddle.

• Posted

hi weeasy

dont worry your in good hands, i go to bournemouth every week for bloods which i have for the last 15 weeks, they are very supportive and kind, just try a relax and dont look, it seems a lot of bloods but each file is only a teaspoon amount, just stay in the seat until you feel ok good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.