Blood tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone tell me if a district nurse can take blood test a have to get one done but broke the bones above my knee in alot of pain and not sure of going out yet thank you

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Phone your doctor for advice. However, personally, I would not allow a nurse to take blood because they are inept. You are far better going to the phebotomy department at the hospital to get it done there. That's where the real experts are.

• Posted

thank you but badly broke top of my leg had operation on tuesday leg just so painful to go out yet will phone see what they say

• Posted

You could always see if you could get a taxi to the hospital. I ended up with permanent neuralgia after a called healthcare assistant made a mess of my blood test in my doctor's surgery.I wouldn't let a nurse even take my blood pressure now.

• Posted

its not the hospital that does blood test here its the nurses at the doctors that does the tests x

• Posted

It's the same in the UK. However, you can choose to have your blood test wherever you want. I choose to have it done at hospital because I have no faith in the nurses at my surgery. If you tell the receptionist at your doctor's surgery that you can't cope with a nurse doing the test, they tell you to go to the hospital.

• Posted

am in uk a just let nurse do it am getting there a bit easy just wish a could go on my side hopefully wont be long operation was on turdday stitches starting to itch xx

• Posted

Since the stitches are itching, this would suggest the wound is healing and it may not be long before the stitches can come out. You are brave letting a nurse do your blood test at the surgery. One bad experience was enough for me and won't be repeated.

• Posted

huni do u know if a can take the surgical stocking of other leg as a do move about and it feels so tight thank you for your great advice xx

• Posted

I would ask your doctor about the stocking. Since it is uncomfortable, your doctor may advise removing it. Personally, I am not very tolerant when I am given a treatment that disagrees with me and I tend to stop using it.

• Posted

thank you will phone them tomorrow thanks again for your help x

• Posted

thank you phoned doctors they have a special team to come to house for blood test so am sorted thank you again xx

• Posted

thanks think thats everything knitting back together bit of PAIN BUT MOVING THE LEG FINE XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.