Blood Tests and Stool Sample

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was back at the doctors today with my little one and whilst i was there i mentioned that i was still getting discomfort in my abdomen, ribs and back ache. Told him that all my previous tests over the past year had come back clear. Blood tests, Abdominal ultrasound, Pelvic ultrasound, ECG and Chest Xray. He said he was going to now request another blood test which is a CRP tests and also a stool sample, he asked if i had diarrhea to which i said no, he then said that the stool sample might not work as typically its only with diarrhea that it does. I also mentioned that every now and again my abdomen feels itchy and also around my back and chest but i dont have a rash. After looking online i'm now terrified that he thinks its lymphoma as all the symptoms potentially could be. Abdominal discomfort, itchy skin, fatigue, back ache, headaches. Has anyone ever had these symptoms and if so what was it? also has anyone ever had a stool sample taken that wasnt diarrhea?

34 year old female freaking out

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't presume anything until it is confirmed by your doctor with tests. There is no point in thinking the worst when it hasn't happened. Don't rely on google to diagnose you because it is very general and doesn't take account of individual circumstances. Dr Google only causes anxiety; it gave me intense panic for three and a half months. Wait calmly for the outcome of your forthcoming tests. I had a stool test for H pylori which was negative. I was very badly constipated at the time and had difficulty giving a sample. My diagnosis was IBS. I had shifting abdominal pain, nausea, back pain, constipation and loose, urgent stools. The loose stools started happening as my anxiety spiraled out of control but was not present when I had my stool test. I was not told that the stool test would only work if you had diarrhoea. Everyone's symptoms are different with IBS. Maybe your itch us coming from a food that is disagreeing with you; try a food diary. Itching can also occur from a side effect of a medication or stress. Focus on these more benign causes first.

• Posted

I agree with pippa, Kileen. I've been down that road way too many times! DON'T get on Dr. Google and try and self diagnose! Everyone is dying on Google! I have spent many wasted days and nights freaking out about things I don't have...and that took precious time away from my family. Plus, my son watched me get scared and freak out about every health symptom I had when my son was younger and now the poor guy freaks out about everything health related. If I had only realized the impression I was making then. I have spent countless times thinking that a certain comment or a certain look by a physician or technician meant something sinister. I know exactly where you are. I, also, know how hard it is to be patient and suffer through the things you’re dealing with. But...be patient and let your doctor be the doctor.

Btw...it sounds like the stool test he was talking about may be c-diff...typically a diarrhea specimen is needed for that...cuz, of course...c-diff causes diarrhea. It doesn't sound like you have that.

Just keep pushing for answers...and for your sake...if you think he's thinking something and you're making assumptions that are causing you anxiety, ask why he's running each test. If he's a good doc, he'll talk to you about those things.

• Posted

I agree with pippa, Kileen. I've been down that road way too many times! DON'T get on Dr. Google and try and self diagnose! Everyone is dying on Google! I have spent many wasted days and nights freaking out about things I don't have...and that took precious time away from my family. Plus, my son watched me get scared and freak out about every health symptom I had when my son was younger and now the poor guy freaks out about everything health related. If I had only realized the impression I was making then. I have spent countless times thinking that a certain comment or a certain look by a physician or technician meant something sinister. I know exactly where you are. I, also, know how hard it is to be patient and suffer through the things you’re dealing with. But...be patient and let your doctor be the doctor.

Btw...it sounds like the stool test he was talking about may be c-diff...typically a diarrhea specimen is needed for that...cuz, of course...c-diff causes diarrhea. It doesn't sound like you have that.

Just keep pushing for answers...and for your sake...if you think he's thinking something and you're making assumptions that are causing you anxiety, ask why he's running each test. If he's a good doc, he'll talk to you about those things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.