Blood tests ok but I feel terrible..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been feeling unwell for over 6 months - main symptom nausea (pretty much constant) but also tingling in feet, ringing ears, metallic taste mouth, dizzy, fatigued, and just this week - boils sad

Have had a number of general blood tests - all ok and the latest hormone blood tests came back normal?!?

Finding it hard to manage all this as well as work and now don't know what the problem is/what to do sad

Have tried vitamin b and ginger tablets but made me even more nauseous.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh forgot to add (yes memory lapses as well) - am 46 and had partial hysterectomy 8 years ago (still have ovaries)
  • Posted

We are going through the change either perimenopause or menopause if you have gone through twelve months of no periods. Don't be afraid we all go through this transition yes it is scary but accept and embrace this new chapter, new beginning of our life. See your gynecologist and don't be afraid to try what can work for you as we go through this. There is light at the end of this tunnel and just because hormone blood test come back normal does not mean we aren't experiencing these hormonal imbalances because we are. So my advice to you talk to your gynecologist and may you find what works for you and may you feel better very soon. Prayers to my sister, be strong have faith and all will be well.
    • Posted

Amen to that!!!!

What a beautiful reply. My journey has been nine years. I am currently 49.

Just got a period after six months! !!

Really thought I was halfway there.

My symptoms are endless so won't bore anyone with them. Completely debilitating.

Some days I actually feel like I'm dying.

Prayer prayer and more prayer lol.

It is such a hard time and you can never prepare you for this.

God bless all you lovely strong ladies on this site

Praying for strength for you all.x

• Posted

Stay strong hun we are all in this together .

Let's lift each other up. Keep talking it helps more than anything.

God bless x

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for their responses and kind words 💗

I think I am peri (don't have periods cos of hysterectomy) but don't know now because they said the blood tests showed hormone levels were all normal?

• Posted

You defo sound peri to me. Mine started at 40 and my doctor kept telling me it was anxiety and depression for five years. Bloods were normal. I knew it was peri. Last year started to skip periods then missed a period for six months and got one Monday.

Now my doctor wants to agree I'm peri!!!!

This forum saved my sanity.

Keep venting anytime you feel the need.

My husband and kids think I'm a hypochondriac as I'm always feeling ill.

Hang in there x

• Posted

Thanks so much Michelle 💖

Yes very upset yesterday when told that it wasn't hormonal sad

So difficult when every day has a new symptom and you feel so terrible. I had a couple of hours last week when I felt ok - then I realized how sick I have been feeling!

Will do 🌸

• Posted

hi cass.  I suffered for six months with constant symptoms too. I am now at month 11.  I took all the vitamins that were advised for a couple of months but found they were not helping much.  Then I started vit d3 supplement and things started to improve, I don't know if you were checked for low vit d, but I then took nothing else but this and there was improvement.  You might want to try it.  I've had it all too just like you, nausea the lot.  The only supplement that worked for me was vit D3. Look it up, vit D3 and hormones.  The whole peri thing is horrible.
  • Posted

I have all these symptoms and more. I have been to several doctors, had a lot of tests, and no diagnosis yet. Maybe it is menopause, but I'm going to be completely sure before saying that. Good luck, hope you feel better! 
  • Posted

Thanks for all your support - has really helped me through a terrible day yesterday 🌸

Thanks for the d3 tip as well.

Will see how I go in the next week or so to work out my next steps. Work full time which is very difficult with current symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.