Blood tests read levels are too high - 76!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I found out I had GS about 13 years ago, when I was a teenager. It was identified by mistake, whilst being tested for other germs! I've never had any difficulties with this at all - other than getting merry a lot quicker than everyone else when on a night out or having a drink at home!

However, I recently had blood tests to check other issues relating to bone complaints and my Doctor stated that he was concerned as my levels were 76, rather then 20-30 as they should be. The tests were repeated and the levels were still exactly the same. Now having bloods taken again in a few weeks to check if they've come down at all.

Can anyone tell me what this actually means, and more importantly what the long term effects of this maybe?!?!? I've been advised to cut my half a bottle of wine per week down been further - can anyone comment on this, as surely 2 glasses a week isn't tha much at all!!

Any comments much welcomed!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

Im assuming GS is something relating to the liver?

If so, then it may be possible that the Orlistat are affecting your liver function - which can happen.

If thats the case, then this medication is not for you.

End of the day, health comes first yeah?

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Yep, Gilberts Syndrome...............
  • Posted

My apologies , ur post appeared under Orlistat ....hence the reason I replied... :?

Hope u get things sorted...

• Posted

So do I!! Really am stuck as to what to think...all the websites are saying this syndrome is harmless and there isn't any long term risks, which I agreed with up until now as I wasn't having any trouble with it, but now my GP is saying he's concerned - and I don't know why!?!?
  • Posted

Hi I would be inclined to ask your doctor outright just what he is concerned about, that way you should get a straight answer, saving you worrying about what it may or not be.

I know the liver will put up with alot of things but it hates alcohol can you try non alcoholic beers or do they do wines i dont know just a suggestion, but i always ask my doctor what he wants my blood tests done for and he always tells me. best of luck.

italannieGS sufferer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.