Blood thinners and bleeding gums

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been put on rivaraxaban my gums bled when brushed know there bleeding all day what can I do any ideas appreciated

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

My gums bled before and after diagnosed. I use those toothpicks to clean them out. 
  • Posted

The medication notes will say if you bleed see your GP
  • Posted

I take rivaroxaban too, and agree with marco. The bleeding should stop once you're done brushing and gums resettle. See your GP.
  • Posted

Thanks I will be seeing doctor tomorrow it's not as bad as it sounds
  • Posted

I had a bleed whilst on Rivaroxaban, probably brought up about an egg cupful of blood. It was very frightening. Rivaroxaban was stopped immediately and I have been on Apixaban for about 9 months and I have been fine.
  • Posted

I have AF and have been on warfarin since May 2013. My target INR is 2 - 3.

My prescribed dosage is Mon to Fri 2.5 mg and Sat and Sun 3.0 mg.

I missed targer INR on three different occasions @ 1.8 Jul 2013, @3.1 Nov 2014 and 3.2 Jul 2015.

I sometimes noticed mini blood stains on my bath towel but generally I have no bleeding problems. I eat quite freely and have no restrictions on what I eat.

The medical staff seemed quite impressed that I am able to keep within my INR target.

I hope my sharing is useful and best wishes to you.

• Posted

I have been on warfarin since August 2015 and they rarely get my INR above 1.73 it should be between 2-3  and has only on 1 occassion been 2.2 I am just waiting to be changed to something different, as unlike you I am unable to eat many things and other meds are reacting with it.

L.

• Posted

See your doctor about the new drugs you take the pill and don't have to have blood tested for INR at all
    • Posted

Hi Glyn,

I have been trying for the past 3 months to get changed but GP is very reluctant to do it without consent from cardiologist I got him that and he still wont do it because he didn't say which one and what dose.Arrhythnia tells me they are much of a muchness but they go for Rivarobaxan as it is just one a day, I am getting back on to nurse today.

let you know how I get on.

L.

• Posted

every other week would be good I am having to go weekly sometimes twice, I am told by coag nurse because they can't get it above 2 it is not doing its job, do you mind if I ask you what dose you were given, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. hope you get on OK at doctors today.

L.

• Posted

Linda 20 mg it's 1 tablet in the morning with food don't take no for an answer
  • Posted

Your comments noted.

My sharing is based on personal experience and not to be taken as an example to follow. Dosage prescribed based on blood test conducted by cardiologist..

Always consult your cardiologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.