Blood vessels breaking

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have taken my second shot of Enbrel and today I carried a couple of window blinds out and stored them. I laid them in my left arm and they were not that heavy. When I got back in the house I noticed a blood vessel in my inside left forearm had broken and was the size of a nickel and raised up pretty good. My arms tend to bleed  and get bruised at the slightest touch and it looks like someone buggared me up pretty good. I would like to hear from someone that has this problem. The big welt of a broken blood vessel kind of concerns me. I am not taking prednisone or anything else.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Lots of things you may be taking can cause bleeding, but even just being somewhat anemic can be the reason.  I'd have your medical people to a total blood count. This includes your platelete count.  They can recommend things to help you build up your blood counts.  Otherwise, garlic, fish oil, anaelgesics, and lots of other supplements I didn't know, cause bleeding.  Disclose anything you may be taking to your dr.  

There used to be a test that diclosed vascular integrity, where they applied a kind of tournequet and then after a certain amount of time they counted the broken tiny capilaries (Petiekia).  I think I have some of this problem because it takes nothing for me to bruise.  If I carry a bag that has a strap, over my shoulder, for example, the next day I see red marks where the strap was.  There is a condition called Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT), also known as Osler–Weber–Rendu disease and Osler–Weber–Rendu syndrome, an autosomal dominant genetic disorder that leads to abnormal blood vessel and there may be something they do now to treat that.

• Posted

Bleeding, bruising and skin tearing easily are all linked to MTX, prednisone and a host of other medications.
    • Posted

I too have blood vessels especially on my legs. Methotrexate what side effects doesn't it have!!! Side effects of it seem drastically worse.

• Posted

MXT is a difficult med to cope with.  It is an anti-metabolite and as such does not allow the food absortion and metabolism to go on or hinders it, and it works because we do consume may things that contribute toward upping the inflammation levels.  Better to do is go on an iflammation free (so to speak) diet.  For me that meant no SUGAR, gluten, red meats, some dairy, as in eggs, alcohol, acidy foods including citrus...    

Here's some disturbing info.  MTX in an ingredient in the morning after, abortion ( or you can say anti-fertilization) pill.  It is supposed to eliminate implantation of a fertilized egg.

• Posted

Sorry, but thats not what an anti-metabolite does. They target specific cells and hinder the process by which they reproduce. Also, Methotrexate is not an ingredient in the morning after pill (the only active ingredient in Plan B is a synthetic hormone). It is used occasionally as a single, high-dose, before surgery for ectopic pregnancy, to discourage the cells dividing further. You should really be careful about spreading misinformation that might actually stop people from getting the help they need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.