blood when i poo

Posted , 6 users are following.

when i go to the toilet there is a lot of bright red blood on the tissue and also in the toilet, this has been ongoing for a couple of weeks and sometimes small clots also appear, i do not have stomach pains and pooing is regular.i am only 21 and have no idea what it could be, Any suggestions?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pixie,

It could be Piles (Haemorrhoids), this is more then likely if you suffer from constipation. Your doctor can tell you by doing a simple test, it may sound bad but it isn't they put a glove on and lube and check for piles in your rectum.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Yes haemorroids is very likely, the bright red blood is almost comfirmation. If blood is darker it tends to originate from further up the intestine. You should be able to feel them and it's very easy to shrink them with a cream you can buy over the counter. A common symptom is itching at the anus, if you have that them it more or less confirms the diagnosis. Good luck, half the adult population gets them at some time and they do tend to reoccur especially if you are inclined to get constipated or have to strain when going to the toilet. Check you have enough fibre in your diet to help you go regularly if necessary.
  • Posted

Hi. I have just experienced this too a few days ago. Blood dripped after i poo. Really scared me after i searched in google. I thought of my life is at end. I just could not believe bcoz i dont drink nor smoke. And i drink everyday a lot of water. I prayed to God healing bcoz i am afraid. But, I am relieved I am not alone with this situation. And that it could not be a really serious case. Thank you God.
    • Posted

Hi there. I'm having the same issues as you are. Just wandering have you got yourself checked out yet.

• Posted

Hi I had the same issue a few days ago and I freaked out. Thought the worse. I was just wandering have you had it checked out yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.