blood work

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive just had a blood test done , im 53 and on the menapause , all my bloods came back normal apart from one ,i have an abnormal gonadotoopin , any one got am idea what this means ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sure not mean gonadotropin or gonadotrophin (the british spelling)? This is a hormone related to reproduction but as bencooper says ask your GP what it actually means and what implications it may have if any.
    • Posted

thanks for the spell check , they gave me spelling over the phone , i must be going deaf too lol . thanks 

• Posted

thanks ,thought it was to do with hormones , rang the gp today and was told the levels were abnormal,then she made me an appointment to speak to the gp tomorrow , and because i didnt ask for one it made me wonder , just a little confused smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.