Blood work results

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently got blood work back and wondered if anyone had any insight on what it could indicate. I’ve never had issues with any of these blood tests before. Aside from what’s listed below-all other blood work was within normal limits. Thanks in advance.

RBC was low

WBC was low

Carbon dioxide was low

MCV was high

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The number of red platelets (RBCs). RBCs convey oxygen all through the body and expel abundance of carbon dioxide. Excessively couple of RBCs might be an indication of iron deficiency or different ailments. In uncommon cases, excessively numerous RBCs may cause issues with the bloodstream. 

The number and sorts of white platelets (WBCs). There are 5 sorts of WBCs. All assume a part in battling contamination. High quantities of WBCs, or of a particular sort of WBC, may mean you have a disease or aggravation someplace in your body. Low quantities of WBCs may mean you are in danger of diseases. 

The normal size of your red platelets. This test is known as mean corpuscular volume (MCV). MCV goes up when your red platelets are greater than ordinary. This happens in the event that you have iron deficiency caused by low vitamin B12 or folate levels. On the off chance that your red platelets are littler, this can mean different sorts of weakness, for example, press insufficiency pallor.

• Posted

Well.. low RBC count with a high MCV is called Macrocytic anemia.  Macrocytic anemia means that the red blood cells are larger than normal.  The most common causes of macrocytic anemia are vitamin B-12 and folate deficiency.  So, I would suggest to talk to your doctor about getting your B-12 and folate levels checked, as you may need to add these supplemnts to your diet, either in supplement or food form.   Also..  The big question is.. Do you smoke?  Your test levels can indicate COPD...  What are your symptoms, if any?  Are you short of breath at all? 
    • Posted

Oh.. I almost forgot..  Do you drink alcohol at all?  Long term alcohol use can also cause your blood levels to look like this. 
    • Posted

Hi,

I do not smoke nor have I ever. I also don’t have trouble breathing and I rarely ever drink. I do take 2 multi vitamins daily. have recently been randomly getting bruises.  Other than that I really don’t have any other symptoms. 

• Posted

Can you give the reference range for each of your test that were high or low?  Seeing how low/high will make things clearer..  Thank you..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.