Blood Work Results - Low Testosterone, MCV, MCH and high RDW

Posted , 1 user is following.

Background:

I'm a 56 year old male, in good shape. I've been on injected testosterone treatment until a few months ago when a Physician I switched to suggested I get on trouches daily instead of a weekly injection. I had been on injections for 5 years.

Area of Concern:

After being on the trouches for 2 months my blood levels were tested. The results were shocking. My total testosterone dropped from close to 800 down to 388. My free testosterone is now 9.51 and my SHBG is down to 21. Estradiol is good at 21.2

Although I am really unhappy with the drop in testosterone (half of what it was) I'm even more concerned that my MCV is 78, MCH 25.6 and RDW is now 21.3. I've noticed my interest in sex has droppedand I seem to tire out by 2 PM each day.

Question:

Can anyone (please qualified medical input only) give me some input in what is going on? Are the trouches the wrong way to go? Should I go back to injections or switch to a cream? Need some help - I'm very concerned.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.