Bloods are ok

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had bloods taken and they have came back ok. Is this possible if you have RA?

aabb

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aabb I have seronegative rheumatoid arthritis.. It just means it doesn't show up In your bloods but is still a positive diagnosis. I have all the symptoms of RA and my mum and her mum have had it for years. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and I'm on methotrexate. Ask you GP to refer you to

rheumatology hun x

• Posted

I am so tired of it all. Everything new pain or discomfort I end up with gets blamed on my fibromyalgia but I feel it's more like RA. Thank you for your comment. I will go back to my GP and ask to be referred. 

Aabb

• Posted

Hope you get it sorted asap. My GP didn't know what was wrong with me for roughly 2 years. I think he thought I'd go away but no I kept on hassling him until he referred me. The rheumatology consultant knows a lot more about RA than my GP. Don't give up hun! Good luck.
  • Posted

EnglishRose is right. There are about 20% (I think) of patients who have a negative Rheumatoid Factor yet have RA. A smaller percentage of patients have a positive RF yet do not have it. You definitely need a referral to a rheumatologist. I had a battle with my GP to get referred. She was adamant a rheumatologist wouldn't do anything differently. At my persistence she relented and did the referral. I see the rheumatologist in February, 3 years after my first symptoms!
    • Posted

Thank you for your comment. I will be trying my GP again. If it's not my feet, it's my fingers or wrist. Or whatever part of my body wants to scream at me. 

Aabb

• Posted

Sounds like typical RA. Let us know how you get on and take care.
    • Posted

Looks like you've got good advice here.... and I'm another of the 20% – sero negative, symmetrical pain. Clinicaly diagnosed with RA 8 years ag.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.