Bloods + Feeling crap.. Anyone any ideas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anybody try and come up with an idea - with my symptoms and my recent bloods - as to what the hell could be going on with my body? Its been going on for months. I need an idea - even a vague stab - as to whether this could be an autoimmune thing, a recurrent infection, or something much worse. I am worried as hell.

Symptoms are as follows :

Some nerve pain up neck / back area.

Sudden shivers / chills / shakes on an evening.

Some intermittent nausea / upper abdominal discomfort

Dizziness

Fatigue / Weakness

Some mucus in stool sometimes

My recent bloods are as follows:

GFR - 80

Serum Total Protein - 83 g/L

Serum Albumin - 50 g/L

Serum Calcium - 2.52 mmol/l

Serum Creatinine - 108 umol/L

Consistently low Lymphocytes - 1.4 (10*9/L) ... Last time in A+E it was 0.7 when I was shivering like mad)

Neutrophil was high in A+E (8.8, but has since came down alot)

ESR - 6 mm/H

CRP - <2 mg/L

I am obviously worried about my symptoms and my bloods, the white cells going up and down as the weeks/months go by, the recurrent chills and me generally feeling like crap. Worried about Myeloma, Lymphoma, Leukaemia

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you male or female? Around what age are you? Do you have a full blood count? These may help if you are happy to share.

• Posted

male. 28 yo

latest results are:

calcium - 2.52 mmol/l

protein - 83 g/L

heamoglobin, white cell and platelets are fine.

creatinine has always been high (above 100 umol/l)

lymphocytes have, since January - February - been on the lower side (0.7-1.7).. right now they are 1.4.. this is what worries me.. why?

Neutrophils always seem to go up and down.. now they are kinda normal.. but when I went to A&E they were high.. few months back they were low.. can anyone explain this? is this lymphoma? me constantly being open to infections? help!

my ESR and CrP have always been low. (<2 CRP and 6 mmh ESR)

I feel weak, tired, pale, shaky, shivery on a night/evening and I get nerve pain and nerve zaps everywhere?

• Posted

Thanks. I understand that your Hgb, WBC and platelets are fine / labeled in range. Its often useful to post the full result as sometimes low or high in the normal range can indicate a problem. Anaemia can take several forms impossible to tell from your posts. It's possible you have low iron or B12 but need a test to rule out.

Neutrophils indicate bacterial infection which you have fought off. They increase production to kill the infection then return to normal after they've done the work.

Lymphocytes can be a sign of bacterial or viruses or fungi. Its possible you have the flu or flu related illness. Best to go back and see a doctor and suggest to run a full panel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.