Bloodshot eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

One of my eyes has been bloodshot for about a year now, I've also been getting reoccurring intermittent headaches which feel like a hot poker stabbing on the top side of my eyeball and going deeper into my skull. Doctor has brushed it off as "tension headache" and "acute facial pain". Eye test came back fine. Any eyedeas? (see what eyeimage did there 😁)

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Heres an edited photo which I've britened up and enhanced the detail

• Posted

sounds like a cluster headache. Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

• Posted

Yeah thats what i thought! No alcohol and gave up smoking a month ago but I am vaping so still getting nicotine

• Posted

looks like dry eye which can be painful. have you tried preservative free moisture drops?

• Posted

Hi do you still suffer with the red eye, I've been feeling really unwell for 2 years and all started with bloodshot eyes still there today image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.