Bloody mucus in stool?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

So to start off i would like to say that i have pretty bad health anxiety. I always think something is wrong with me. i also started taking zoloft about 5-6 weeks ago. recently ive begun to notice loose stools every morning with mucus and in some of the mucus seems to have blood on them. Sometimes i get abdominal cramping/pain, but not every single day. Sometimes i also feel constipated or that my bowel movements dont always feel finished. I read online that this could be Chrons Disease or colon cancer. My twin has IBS, my brother has IBS, my mom has IBS. But i read that IBS never causes blood in the stool. Im a 21 year old female and have always been pretty healthy. Now, im freaking out though. Could i be intolerant to something like gluten or dairy? Im going to make an appointment with my gastro doctor but i just wanted to hear other experiences or advice. Thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ALSO: I have just switched back to a normal diet with meat and dairy after being vegan for 8 months
    • Posted

I think your body is trying to adjust to animal fat. Did you have these issues when you were a vegan. Our bodies aren't meant to consume animal fat. After my gall surgery I had to go the vegan route. Eat less bad fats. And eat healthy fats.

• Posted

IBS doesn’t cause bleeding.  However, if you are straining with constipation, this can cause haemorrhoids or fissures which can cause bright red blood.  I would see your doctor and ask for a fecal calprotectin test to rule out IBD.   IBD can cause bleeding.  To find out if you are intolerant to gluten or dairy, exclude both these food groups from your diet to see if you see any improvement.  Your doctor will be able to diagnose and reassure you after running tests.  At your age, cancer would be very rare.  Try to stay as calm as possible because worry will aggravate your symptoms.
    • Posted

I didn’t say you can’t get cancer if you are young.  I said that it would be rare to get it at a very young age.
  • Posted

It could be something called Diverticulosis When it gets bad it turns to  Diverticulitis I know this because one day Out of the blue I thought I was dying The toilet looked like a murder scene when I stood up I got a fever and severe abdominal pain ER did CT with contrast and found diverticulitis I wast told I more than likely had diverticulosis but never notice Like a moron When I started noticing blood in the stool and toilet I should have gone to the doc then Google it See if it sounds like your symptoms Good luck sweetie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.