Bloody stools?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I’m new to this forum but I’ll do my best to put info. I’m 23yr old male. I’ve been pretty healthy most of my life and it’s very rare for me to get sick. No diseases, bad health or allergies I know of. 

About four days ago, I started noticing my stools were coming out red. I dismissed it at first because I had been eating tamales with red pork meat (just a little spicy but not much). However, just this morning I still had the same problem. While I was on the toilet, I looked through my legs and it all looked normal but when I was finished, there was bright red all around the stool. The actual stool is normal but the fluid/water around it was bright red. It hasn’t been painful at all when I’ve used the toilet and I’ve had no pains off of if; I have felt normal. 

I did see a couple of symptoms and I admit I have not been hydrating well or eating enough fiber. I just graduated from university so I have to admit the past two weeks were filled with a lot of drinking and not hydrating well or making the best food choices. 

Could it just be a simple problem of me taking better care of my nutrition?

I would appreciate any advice as I am starting to really worry. 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any abdominal pain or discomfort ? If you do, it can be an ulcer or it could also be hard stools which can cause bleeding. Do you have hemorrhoids? That too can be an issue. Try hydrating yourself and eat high fiber foods for about a week or 2 and see if there is improvement.
  • Posted

If it’s red blood, it’s usually surface blood like a hemorrhoid. Try a good probiotic as well as fiver and lots if water. If it continues, see your doctor as steady bleeding can deplete your iron.
  • Posted

It could be an infection and the sooner you have it checked out the better.
  • Posted

Fresh red blood = haemorrhoids, but get the doc to check you out. Like you said blood on the stools and not in them = haemorrhoids. 
  • Posted

It could be the red foods you have been eating and they have not digested well. Or it could be haemorrhoids or fissures which produce bright red blood. Avoid red foods to see if the problem resolves. See your doctor if it happens again. 
  • Posted

Go to the  Doctor .  Causes hemroid,  pollaps in the intestines, could be cancer 
  • Posted

Why would you say cancer??  What pointers at all have you for that? Yes, everything and anything could be cancer but lets look at the facts here: No pain, no blood in the stool at all, only fresh blood on the stool, stool normal colour, feeling well, no pain passing stool, the lad stated he is worried and you state Cancer FFS don't you just love forums sad If you were a Doctor and you suspected Cancer you would send him for tests and say nothing, yet here we are clearly stating " it could be cancer". At the worst you could just say go to the docs and get checked out (like you have). How about a tad of 'thinking' before writing. Sorry if you feel you've been trolled here and feel free to report my comment but I've read 1000s of these threads and normally 99% of the time people refrain from saying cancer because you, I and no-one else on this forum knows, so why make the lad worry any more???  The world might end because of planet X today also you know smile

• Posted

A colostomy is preformed to check on polyps in the intestines no pain they bleed most benign it is recommended for people over 50 every 10 years there after. Doctor oz had it done for Tv he had cancer bleeding can be caused by polyps. I recommend you be tested first using the wipes provided by your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.