BLT

Posted , 4 users are following.

After my fusion at 2 levels 4.5 weeks ago i have taken great care not to bend,lift,twist. I bend my knees and keep my back straight. However today i dropped my insulin pen in an awkward place where i had to bend now i feel worried. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dont be hard yourself its quite easy to do. You'll know pretty quickly if you have done any damage plus you are several weeks ahead.

Get your self a grabber or use BBQ tongs as they are quite long/useful to pick things up. You can also do a lunge over the object keeping your back straight and use the tongs to pick things up. Jacob Shelley utube: Month 2, Microdiscectomy Back Surgery Recovery, Herniated Disc L5-S1 does a good demo 4.05 minute. 

Of course I am only a patient not a professional. 

• Posted

Thank you. I have been hard on myself. BBQ tongs is such a great tip.

i will check out the YouTube tip.

i have spent most of day in bed as i wanted to rest i think i did too much yesterday i did some gentle cleaning 

• Posted

Did u feel any thing different I don't know alot about fusion but u will have to bend soon or later. U don't won't to go stiff. Only u know how it feels
    • Posted

Hi Keith, i do feel different much less pain after fusion and stiff i am nearly week 5 since it happened. I have an appointment to see a physiotherapist on 13 April. They advised walking which i do every day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.