Blue badg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone applied and been given a blue disability card, because of Menieres?

i was thinking of applying for one as I can’t walk far with the awful vertigo I experience.

Shopping is only if I have someone with me.

At the supermarket my husband fetches a trolley to the car and I hang on to it!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what the “blue card” is. If you are talking about disability, I’m in the US and applied.  Was denied which my lawyer states happens about 95% of the time.   To be approved for it in the US you have  to have “disturbed function of vestibular labyrinth demonstrated by caloric or other vestibular test; and hearing loss established by audiometry.  You need a comprehensive neurologist-otolaryngologist exam.  They also require images of the skull and temporal bones.  They require at least one of these test.  MRI, CT, myelography and radiocnuclear bone scan.     If your talking a handicap placard you can get the application off of line and your dr fills it out.  It’s a simple process.   Hope this helps you.  
  • Posted

Yes I did an I park handicap it does help if you have to walk a distance if you out an bout an my family Dr. filled it out an my sister took it to court house
  • Posted

Funnily enough I have just applied online for a blue badge because like you I am virtually housebound unless someone helps me. If I get one at least the car can be parked near the supermarket and the trolleys which are a lifesaver!
  • Posted

I have a blue badge, can't go out on my own. I am really unsteady and use a stick.

I filled in the form and received it straight away. It does appear to be easier in some locations, I live in Hampshire.

• Posted

I have got to go for an assessment on 31 July to see if I am eligible. Hope I get one because I only go out for hospital or doctors appointments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.