Blue Badge Scheme

Posted , 4 users are following.

He everyone im Julie. I'm new to this group as didn't know about it.

I've been awarded enhanced rate daily living and mobility after winning my appear at tribunal. Both innapropriate to fix a term. I believe that to be 10 years. If I'm wrong can someome tell me please. Severely limited ability to carry out activities 13 points. And severely limited ability to carry out mobility activities 12 points. I applied for the blue badges. And have been told i need an assessment with adult social services. As there is no mention on the forms about moving around. This descriptor was not a question asked at tribunal. I was awarded 12 points mobility for not being able to plan and follow a journey. I have limited mobility and need to stop and rest if i go out many times. I dont have a problem attending this assessment as I know my limitations. Just wondered if anyone else had gone through this. Or knows more about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or information you can give me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Great news on the Tribunal win! Are you absolutely sure you were awarded 12 points for "following and planning a journey"? because you also say you have limited mobility. If it was definitely "following and planning a journey" then i'm afraid this award doesn't autmatically qualify you for a blue badge. If however you did scored at least 8 points in the "moving around part" then you would qualify automatically. If not then it would be the assessment you'll need for sure. I've never had one because i qualified for my badge with PIP mobility award. I've heard they ask you to walk a certain distance but all councils are different. Just do what you can and if you can't walk the distance they ask you then tell them. I do know also that getting the blue badge without automatically qualifying now is difficult as they clamped down on this a couple of years ago. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Denise.

Yes 12 points for planning and following a journey. On looking through all papers. There is none in response to moving around. There's preparing food. Taking nutrition. Managing therapy, monitoring health condition. Washing/ bathing. Managing toilet needs. Dressing/ undressing. Then the planning and following journey on mobility.

So it was not even on my paperwork. So I'll just have to attend the assessment. Which as I've said isn't a problem. I was just confused. I didn't realise the moving around descriptor wasn't in the paperwork. Until the council called me. Not a clue as to why. But not to worry. I will just go along when I get the appointment and see what happens.

• Posted

Hi Julie, a couple of months ago I had my tribuneral and got enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility.

I then applied for a Blue badge online, sent a copy of my award and proof of address, paid £10 and a week later I got my badge. I live in Lincolnshire, but it may differ with which council you're under.

Good luck, Dee.

• Posted

Enhanced mobility will only automatically qualify you for a blue badge if you scored the 12 points in the "moving around" part. Julie scored 12 points in the planning and following a journey part which doesn't qualify anyone for a blue badge. If you don't automatically qualify then your local council with have their own criteria. Some local councis will only allow a blue badge if you're virtually unable to walk (if you don't automatically qualify)

• Posted

Hi Julie I got the standard pip recently I've just applied for my working tax credits and to apply for my blue badge again I got 8 points for walking around so I should get it automatically is that right 

• Posted

Hi,

Yes that's correct, you'll automatically get the blue badge you'll just need proof of your PIP award. For disability part of Tax credits you'll need dailiy living award for PIP and you need to be working at least 16 hours per week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.