Blue+Purple Hard Palat (Help please I am really nervous)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just today the roof of my mouth began to hurt and I took a light to it and took a picture. What I found made me VERY nervous. It is a black and purpleish half of my hard palat.

https://postimg.org/image/yblvu7cbt/

That is a photo, I dont know how to get it to pop up or if links are allowed. I just really want any opinions I am nervous and cannot go to see my dentist yet.

The ONLY thing I could think of is that ive been smoking cigarettes lately (and by lately I mean ive bough 3 packs over the course of 2-3 weeks and I never buy cigarettes other than that. I never was a daily smoker until the last 3 weeks and not even then was it daily). I am immediately stopping as it is a bad habit anyway.

I am nervous as it looks like theres little small dots and little indentations in the middle of the bad looking side.

I am going to be seeing my dentist ASAP. Is this temporary? I am going to monitor it for a while and I have never felt pain there before.

One other note, when I breathe in I feel the air on the spot. It doesnt hurt but I can distinguish where it is by feeling it, like, cooloff when I breathe in air.

Please help sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dont be nervous,i had that as well. mine was bruised,from a burn or irritation. It will go away,mine took a week,if it doesnt clear up in a couple of days see your doctor. mine was normal and again stay positive. Just relax,i know these things can be uncomfortable and scary....
  • Posted

You probably just ate something too hot without noticing it at the time and burnt yourself. But it's still not a bad idea to keep that appointment with your dentist.

• Posted

I have begun to relax as it seems the pain has gone away when eating.

But is there concern for the little hole-looking spots on the middle bone running through my hard palat? It looks like little wholes on the white bone as seen in the picture in the OP.

I am keeping my dentist appointment than you all

• Posted

Your dentist is the right person to answer all your queries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.