Blue spots in vision

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have an eye condition which started i 2014 when I had a severe concussion when I hit my head.

I see blue spots or fields in my vision, that seem to appear randomly across my vision field. They appear mainly at night under certain light conditions. They frequently appear when I am out driving when its dark outside. I have tried covering one eye with my hand, and I am not entirely sure about this, but it seems like they only appear when I look through both eyes. At less its much less when I look through one eye. The condition has been stable for many years, with no improvement or worsening. But during the last 6 months now it seems more severe. The bluespots/fields at night seem larger and I also see things during daytime now. On some occasions I see a small and bright blue spot, kind of like a dead pixel on a computer screen or like a small hole in a curtain that light shines through. Its only there for a second before it disappears. I have also noticed a small blurry spot in my right eye corner which is not colored.

I cant find any information on this when searching. Can anyone make something out of this and maybe point me in a direction?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

where at on your head did you receive the concussion?

• Posted

I hit the head both in front and back. I felt stiffness on both sides of my head the first 2 years. Now my left side feels fine, but my right side still has the stiffness. I have a small indentation in the back/right side of my skull above my right ear. I believe it came from the knock to my head, but I donĀ“t know for sure, its not very big. I still have a cramp/pressure feeling in the center of my back head, as when I had the concussion, but its much less now. It gets worse when I concentrate a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.