Blueberries

Posted , 6 users are following.

Did someone mention that we could eat blueberries ? What about the skins ?

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have cut out the berries too.  better safe with a painfree butt than sorry with a clinching one.  I am having another "lovely" flare up and it seems the anti's make it feel worst... Never seems like I can reguate this darn affliction! I have no idea what caused it.  Been eating all the normal things..guess it's time to start weeding out something else....
    • Posted

Likewise sunni, I have no idea what set it off ,but as it was an abscess ,maybe it had been set off days or weeks before. Do you drink ?

anything, or nothing?

• Posted

very little ..and not very often. did drink a couple of glasses of wine the weekend but the flare up started last week.
    • Posted

I was staying with my friend when my "DO " started, and we had a 

couple of bottles of wine .and some Bailey's My first drink of anything

alcoholic in over a year ,so it did go through my brain that it might

be the culprit, but the consultant said no unless I was a constant

drinker.

I had a phone call from the hospital at 11 am asking if I could go 

for my colonoscopy on  Friday afternoon. I said O.K so they sent

the Poo remover to me in a taxi .So, you know where I will

be tomorrow ,glad to have it sorted sooner than expected

• Posted

Anyone eating onions ???
    • Posted

Yes! Garlic and leeks too. I think they might give twinges but we have loads of leeks and broccolli (another veggie full of sulphur) in the garden -it seems a shame not to eat them. I am now resigned to twinges round my scar. The gastro says I've got sensitive guts as well as divvies and adhesions and I am becoming more inclined to believe this. On looking back beyond my first attack (ayear ago now) I did have episodes of what I dismissed as wind but could have been my guts responding to foods like the onion family. Tant pis as we say here!
    • Posted

That sounds familar but won't touch broccoli if I can help it as I think that is what started this whole thing.  If eating onions and leeks etc then I try to make sure they are sweated down for as long as possible until super soft before eating.
    • Posted

I'm going to have a go with the onions, and boil them well, then add

them to a curry I do eat cooked garlic and softish broccoli  and cauli

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.