Blueberries

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been eating blueberries everyday for 2months then a flare up. Anyone know if these are a problem too?  Bananas?   Not much to choose from for cereal. Maybe peaches 🍑 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

No on the blueberries, they have small hard seeds. Bananas are fine. There are several websites that will give you a acceptable food list, you definitely don't want to progress to diverticulitis.

• Posted

My husband says no to popcorn and  kernel corn for me  He is a physician and gets his information from  Mayo and Harvard. However, since I had prolly more than a flare up with fever and pain, I’m steering clear of blueberries too   It’s just confusing when two leading medical sources find nothing factual about eating seeds, nuts etc and believe they are good sources of fiber blueberries included   
  • Posted

Bananas and canned peaches work for me Perhaps it was something other than the blueberries, ( although I would not eat them )
  • Posted

Only CANNED fruits and veggies.....don’t eat fresh even if you cook them well.   Canned fruit on yogurt with white toast w honey for breakfast is yummy.  You learn to eat healthier.  I eat no beef whatsoever. Turkey, ground turkey in place of hamburger, lots of fish, salmon on the grill, a baked potato or sweet potato. I’ve had to learn that this food is more fun than the belly ache. 
  • Posted

During a flare up no but the rest of the time I pretty much eat whatever fruit I want.
  • Posted

I cannot eat blueberries. The same thing happened to me.  Loaded with seeds. Oh how I loved blueberries.  Watch nuts and skins too and sorry but strawberries have lots too.  It’s very frustrating.  You can do it!🤗

• Posted

Hello Jayne, I was diagnosed with DD October 2017 and my Colonoscopy showed that I have a few diverticular pockets. I straight away kept a food diary and found that my culprit foods are:- berry fruits, skins on fruit & potatoes,nuts, seeds, raw tomatoes, tin tomatoes, so I have substituted these with Passata, if I am making spaghetti bolognase,  lasagne, or pizza. Where you would use fresh tomatoes in salads quiches, pizzas etc I use sliced roasted red peppers that you can buy in jars. I take a daily probiotic capsule, and buy bio probiotic yoghurt.  By cutting out these 'culprit foods' I have managed to avoid any flare ups since. I wish you well.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experiences 
  • Posted

Blueberries are a killer for me, same with strawberries, raspberries and anything else with little seeds.  I've suddenly turned into a person I dislike.  I used to eat all fruit and vegetables and could never understand people who drank smoothies.  I wanted to cry out "just eat the damn fruit will you!"  Now I'm juicing, sieving, sieving again, stirring to ensure that there are no bits of skin or seeds.  Ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.