Blurred vision after use of Timolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have an elderly friend who has glaucoma. She has been prescribed Timolol eye drops, but says that they make her vision very blurred, and as though there was 'a lump of jelly' in her eye, and that the effect lasts for 12-24 hours. She is understandably reluctant to use the eye drops. She has tried other drops but found them difficult to administer. Has anyone else had this problem - and if so, have you found any solutions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Knowing this plus the difficulty putting in other drops, I suggest she contact her physician.  Maybe you could help her with that.  He/she needs to know this and can also help her learn how to put in eyedrops.  Good luck.
  • Posted

This is one of the side effects of Timolol but I wonder if she is putting too many drops in her eyes if she finds them difficult to administer.   She needs to contact her doctor or consultant to explain the side effect. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.