Blurred vision and seeing spots.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies. I'm 3 years into the menopause and I'm still experiencing blurry vision and it's happening every day. I also occasionally see spots when I look at somethings up close. I read that women only get blurred vision during the first few weeks of menopause. Is anyone else still experiencing these symptoms months or years later.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hi it's all in d package ,no need to stress just do your vitamins it shod help

• Posted

Hi. I'm almost 2 years post, and have been experiencing this for about 3 years. Makes driving and other things difficult.

• Posted

Been like that for 6 years now, since my hysterectomy. Cant see to read a book. Have to limit my time on here too.

• Posted

Im exactly the same, my eyes have definatley changed since my hysterectomy 6 years ago like you . ive had 3 different prescriptions and now been refered to hospital due to pressue . Nightmare .

• Posted

Thanks ladies. I have so many other scary issues but it helps to know that I'm not the only one with blurred vision. However, none of you mentioned seeing spots so I guess that's a concern. Take care ladies and thanks again.

• Posted

I have eye floaters frequently. Every once in a while I see black spots or flashes of light in my peripheral vision. Also, I sometimes see stars when I turn my head too quickly. Recently went to the eye dr. All was well except for dry eyes. I use eye drops and take a ton of fish oil, per my docs orders. I told her it was menopause related, and she was kind enough to give me the name of a pharmacy her mom uses for compounded bhrt. I'm just working up the nerve to make and keep an appointment with a new gyn. ugh! Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi Faz, Im nearly 2 years post meno and yes I have blurry vision and, like Nancy, I see spots on peripheral vision and was told I have very dry eyes. Doc gace me eye drops and night cream and some fish oil to take.

Anyone, please share if you find solution to our problems.

God Bless ladies.

• Posted

I started getting blurred vision around the menopause...saw my optician who recommended glasses for all phone/screen use, and that has solved the issue. I have prescription glasses but also use ready readers from Poundland, with the optician's blessing. I have lots of pairs everywhere and no more blurred vision. Make your optician your first port of call and take it from there, good luck.

• Posted

My vision is my most upsetting symptom. I have 24/7 blurry vision, after images, floaters, flashes, light sensitivity, and occassionally spots (glowing dots). It gives me anxiety. You are not alone. xo

• Posted

i too have 24/7 blurry vision, floaters, flashes, light sensitivity. You are not alone.

• Posted

Hi Faz,

The last 2 yrs my vision has changed drastically.. I went from a very mild prescription to needing bifocals and I just turned 51. Last year at my check up it was discovered I have lattace degeneration which is the retina looks like lattace work.. that causes me to see floaters, sparks, dead spots in my vision. Unfortunately for me there is no cure and if I see more than 5 floaters at a time I have to get to the eye doc asap bc its possible I have a rupture. Driving at night is a nightmare and I won't do it if I don't have to. I'm not saying this is your issue and definitely not trying to scare you but it's always good to have a thorough eye exam. They say they don't know why it happens but I found it funny that I started the meno journey and then this is found.. Fingers crossed yours is nothing more than dry eyes!

• Posted

Dear faz

Im four years post and still get vision problems, blurred watery eyes which comes and goes and migraine auras, they seem to have subsided in recent months.

• Posted

Plus dry eyes and floaters too!

• Posted

Hi pinkcatfairy. Yesterday I went for an eye test and thankfully all is well. Apparently, it's natural to see floaters as long as they come and go. Take care and I hope that you have a lovely week free of any scary or annoying symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.