Blurred vision and shadows after lens replacement

Posted , 21 users are following.

i had lens replacement surgery a week ago.  Before surgery my distance vision was very good but I couldn't read a thing without glasses. Since surgery I can read the smallest of print but can't see further than a couple of metres before everything goes out of focus. I also have a shadow at the corner of both eyes so feel like I'm wearing blinkers. Has anyone had the same experience and if so does it improve at all without the need for further surgery. Any advice appreciated. 

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had cataract surgery last 2 weeks ago and they put an ill lenses to see at far but I see very clear at far but out of focus and blurrie and that shadow that you talking about I have it to. I ask my doctor he told me that because of the incision they did but eventually it goes away, well the shadow still there, and another thing if they put a lenses to look for far distance how come I can read at 3 feet. Watching t.v is the same I can watch t.v very clear at 3 feet from the t.v, but who the hell is going to watch t.v at 3 feet away. If I go back 10 or 15 feet I see flurries and double. I supposed to go for prescription glasses for that eye next week and is that the solution I don't mined wearing glasses. Thank you josei611.

• Posted

I got replace my lenge in 2011.

In 2016 I got problem vision blurance and get black spot when I see something.

• Posted

I have had cataract surgery 3weeks ago. I can see close up a lot better but not 100% but I had great long vision and now I can hardly see very far in front of me while driving and it is not very clear. Will this get better.
  • Posted

I have had blurred cloudy vision  and a swelling of inflammation since my caterach op and only through purseverance  getting back to clinic 4 times in 4  weeks  did they discover. I'm  on  strong eye drops and they tend to be clearing slowly but as they clear I still see a small round shadow like it could be the lens replacement.  I don't go back to clinic for another 5 weeks and my sight iin that eye is not good  seeing distance. I am long sighted prescription      Plus 7.. I don't think he has put the correct prescription in either

• Posted

Hi, I have just had a symfony lens and have the same experience as you describe - reading vision is ok but everything else is blurred. How did you resolve it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.