Blurred vision/diziness/chestpain for over a month

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there, My name is Sam, I'm new to these forums and I have been having some trouble lately that I'm hoping a medical professional could help me with. For the past 5 weeks or so I've been experiencing dizziness with some severe vision problems including blurred vision/watery eyes/light sensitivity/strained eyes and I see spots if I open my eyes fully, I also experience a lot of fatigue and weakness as well. I went t the doctors for this and they encouraged me to go the E.R. and also sent me to get a metabolic panel blood test. I did not go to the E.R. and my blood results came back relatively normal everything was technically within "normal range" but two things caught my eye; My platelets and my albumin levels were both at the highest of those ranges, Platelets(397thousand) Range 140-400 Albumin(5.1) Range 3.6-5.1. I do have another appointment for a week from now, but they didn't call me back with any concern with my blood tests, but doing some research on my own, I've came across something called thrombocythemia which is basically elevated platelet count which symptoms are exactly what my symptoms are, and this condition often means underlying disease, mostly cancer. I'm not sure if my levels are concerning at all and if they can contribute at all to my symptoms, but I'd love to know what steps I should take from here as I've been really worried lately and it's been really hard to do daily tasks, thank you so much for reading.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.