Blurred vision months after cataract surgery

Posted , 31 users are following.

I am devastated. I had cataract surgery on 9/11/15, and around December I started to have blurred vision. It is now June 1, 2016, and it starts every time I look at my phone, computer, or even read a magazine. I got computer glasses, and they enlarge the words, but when I put my regular glasses on everything is blurred. No really the large things, but everything I read, etc. I knew I would wear glasses, so that is not my problem. No eye diseases, have seen the surgeon and another neuro opthamologist. No one seems worried, or to take me seriously. I work a 40 hour job that I love, but as soon as I turn on my computer at work, there goes the blurred vision. It lasts all day and does not go away until about 2 hours after I get home. There is a problem, but no one seems to know what it is. They said the lens are in place, etc., and all looks good. It is not.  Has this ever happened to anyone else? Before my surgery, I had worked for 12 years on the same computer I have now, and loved to read. I can't even read our newspaper, as my vision blurrs up.  Also, on the TV Guide, after I get home from work and still have the blurred vision, the guide shows like a ghost shadow on the bottom of the words on the guide!  Help!!!

1 like, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Husband went I yesterday for the amniotic membrane graft—- this is just the first step to getting the eye healthy, cleaning up the epothilial cells that were in there.  Took less than 10 minutes and they put a contact lens on top that will be removed next week.  Said he can see a little better, but will know more later.  Will keep you posted. NEVER give up! There IS a doctor out there that can get you well. You just got to find them! Keep googling Top Opthamolgist and read reviews, etc   We are in month 6 of this. Only because of retina tear in January. 
    • Posted

Thanks for this post.  It gives the rest of us hope and encouragement (and education).
    • Posted

Depending on one's ability to go through multiple surgeries, both in terms of expense and one's degree of tolerance for coping with them.

• Posted

i have this. had cataract surgery on both eyes over 2 years ago. this blurred vision n my left eye is worse when im watching tv also as well as on my phone and computer. currently tying to get a referral to the eye clinic. i was hopeful that this could be sorted, now i wonder if this is permanent.

• Posted

hi i was just wondering what is your vision like now, i have just had lens replacement 2 moths ago and i still have blurred vision a little when i am outside

• Posted

Totally inappropriate conjecture. You think this helps anyone?

• Posted

I have the exact same problem... I think its the implant that they put in. A piece of c..... I am a photographer and now I may have to give up my profession. Even with glasses my eye is blurry. Went to him many times. No great explanation given. SO P****D.

• Posted

Hopefully in consultation with you, after discussing your lifestyle, whether you want to prioritize distance or near vision, how much in the way I had cataract surgery . I am now so frustrated, I want to push my eyes out. I have blurred vision because of watching television, all day with the system work, Mobile phone all give me eye strain headaches. I have heard that laser surgery can correct the tissue that can build up after cataract surgery. I hope that it will be recommended at my appointment . It's like they don't take eye problems seriously. It is really terrible. I am trying to work, and it's horrible all day trying to do my work with the eyes problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.