Blurred vision think it's my menopause

Posted , 10 users are following.

fed up not myself blurred vision can menopause do this was thinking it may be my prednisolone so stopped for few day but still have blurred vision 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have gotten it, I would check blood sugar just to rule out. I have a meter at home to test my blood sugar. I do know my hormones mess with my eyes from blurred vision to dry eyes and itching like crazy especially in the corners of my eyes. 
  • Posted

I get blurred vision at times as well so promoted my annual eye exam, got new Rx for glasses but still get it sometimes ... I also have health anxiety and my focus lately has been on my eyes and vision . I get migraines and now get silent migraines ... I will see sparkles of light sometimes and it will freak me out every time!! Doctors say everything is normal Ughhh but also says hormones can play tricks on your entire body. Not sure how it's all related , really, but just love being female wink

• Posted

OMG. Just had sparkles in my eyes the other day and it felt like they went to the beat of my heart. Threw me into a tizzy so I went to urgent care and he looked at me like I was crazy then I went into totally hysterics and started crying (poor guy he didn't know what to do with me). Told me to go see neuro so that's where Im going Tuesday. I do get visual migraines and they stopped for a while but started up again so hopeing that's it. WHEN WILL THIS STOP???????

• Posted

Hi Kim, I remember a time my eyes went blur with a period, menopause can effect your vision but it would not damage them ok

my eye doctors saw hormone flatuations in mine when I get my eyes check at my last appointment. 

• Posted

Your eye doctor saw hormone fluctuations in your eyes??

I pretty much think anything is possible throughout perimenopause and menopause!

Frustrating but comforting to know others have experienced the same , makes me feel less crazy wink

• Posted

Hi

I too been having blurred vision. I have retina issues in left eye . So it's a menapause symptom?

It's hard to keep up with all these changes.

Thanks

• Posted

Dear Kim

Having perfect eyesight all my life I noticed when I entered menopause I developed blurred vision and suddenly needed reading glasses and was suddenly intolerant to sunlight x

• Posted

Forgot to say also in peri/meno suddenly got migraine auras (zig zag flashing lights in eyes) never had them before in my life it is the hormone fluctuations causing them x
    • Posted

Me too!!!! Scared the crap out of me as I'd never had that aura with migraines before either. It's only happened a few times but freaks me out every time and sends my anxiety through the roof 😔

Now I stay constantly on edge wondering if and when it's going to happen again .

• Posted

My friend says taking Omega 7, sea buckthorn, has helped her with dry itchy eyes and vaginal dryness. May help with blurred vision if it's due to dry eyes.

• Posted

I m sick of feeling like this with blurred vision an awful headache x I'd like to know when it l ends I just feel horrible all the time with no energy x Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.