Blurring in second eye after trivial lens replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 54 and was a contact lens for distance and glasses for reading wearer with early cataracts.  I have opted for Zeiss trifocals toric lens replacement.  The first eye (left) was done 12 days ago and I could see fine through it at the follow-up assessment 4 days ago.  I am now 4 days post-op on the second (dominant) eye.  The pupil went down two days ago, but my vision through it is very blurry.  I am due at follow-up in 3 days.  I am using all eye drops prescribed as indicated.  

What at is the cause of the blurryness in the second eye please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The title should say "trifocal"
  • Posted

, surgeonHope it clears. My "dominant" eye is also blurred and i cannot see clearly. Done 3 weeks ago. Made a fuss at post -op appointment   and now have an appointment to see consultant again.

Possibly with a need to take out lens and replace it. Went in with a "good" eye and now cannot see clearly. It is a pain and not acceptable.

• Posted

In addition to trifocal lenses being fitted, I also had astigmatism correction at the same time (limbal relaxation incisions in the cornea).  It is that which has not worked so well in my right eye which will be addressed at my six week follow-up with a further procedure.
  • Posted

My 2nd eye did not improve. Could not see clearly after surgery. Now at 6 weeks and having a lens change next week.Saw consultant today. Seems that lens may have moved forward causing me to be short-sighted in my long-sighted eye.Surgeon will decide when he operates. If that doesnot work will be given laser on NHS or a "piggy-back"- so more surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.