Blurry Vision after Retinal Tear Laser Treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I'm 22 and had retinal tear treatment for both my eyes. My right eye had 2 holes and my left retina was thinning out. It's been about 3 weeks since I've gotten the the treatment, but my eyes are both still dilated and my close vision is blurry. I've been back to the doctors and he gave me Isopto Carpine Eye Drops to use 4 times a day for a week. The drops give me really bad eyebrow aches that last about 2 hours and my far vision is blurry for the rest of the day. The drops help constrict my pupils, so I am able to see things up close.

The whole laser treatment procedure was painful and recovery was also painful.

Is anyone else experiencing the same things, and will my pupils go back to it's original size?

I just feel really discouraged right now sad.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica 

I recently experienced a retinal tear in one eye so I’m familiar with this. I also had blurriness when the tear happened along with a floater. The blurriness will improve slowly and eventually clear up. I had the laser procedure about 5 weeks ago and the blurriness is 99% gone and the floater is getting smaller every day. 

My doctor recommended taking a multi vitamin along with B vitamins and staying hydrated is also important for eye health as well as overall health. 

Hope this helps and good luck. 

Van

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!!

I feel a lot better hearing that your vision is almost 100% back. My close up vision is improving, but extremely slow. Thank you for your advice!!

• Posted

how long did it take for the blurriness where the laser went to go away? i had no blurriness prior to this

• Posted

I didn't experience the dilation problem but I did experience the blurriness. The blurriness will get better to a degree. Once your dialation gets better I'm sure it will improve. My blurriness has improved a bit but I do still have some, it has been 9 months since my laser. I hope it clears up for you.

• Posted

Omg 9 months?? Did the doctor say why, or if it'll stay like that forever?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.