Blurry vision after surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm day 4 post surgery, and today I've really noticed my vision being blurry. I'm typing this without sharp focus. Just wondering if this is another side affect of GA.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know that a side effect of the opioids Tramadol can be blurred vision. I am not sure what other pain killers have this as a side effect.
  • Posted

Hi again YoMike

Yes, I had issues with blurred vision and this settled down once I was off all the meds. Also make sure you sit for a while before getting out of bed.

I was told not to have eyes checked by optometrist for around 3 months or they want to give you stronger glasses which arent required as the vision settles back down.

• Posted

Yes it can  had some blurry vision also. I am a little over a week post op now and have stopped the oxycodone just taking occasional tramadol and have noticed my vision and fogginess have all but disappeared...good luck to you!!
  • Posted

dear yomike, 

it is possible ... not only GA but also  medications and the overall experience - 

you just had major invasive surgery that affects your whole body, mind and spirit - 

do you need prescription glasses at all ?

How are you getting on otherwise?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks post THR, and my vision is also terrible. Only took Norco for a week as it made me sick, migraines,etc. Just taking Tylenol but having to wear glasses at work for reading and computer work, which I have never needed! Glad to hear that this is temporary!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.